netTAP 100 is the protocol converter for sophisticated conversions and supports 2-port Real-Time Ethernet to serial, Fieldbus to Fieldbus, Real-Time Ethernet to Fieldbus and Real-Time Ethernet to Ethernet conversions. It supports slave and master functionality in any combination. Master functionality is unrestricted when licensed.
A memory card slot allows the user to save firmware and configuration data on a removable card. In case of failure all that is necessary to bring the plant back on line within seconds is to move the memory card from the old netTAP 100 onto a spare unit.
Apart from standard protocols, netTAP 100 supports the creation of serial protocols with the Lua-based scripting language netSCRIPT. A full featured development environment is included within the delivery. It allows the comfortable and rapid programming of any proprietary serial protocol as well as the I/O data pre-processing during the conversion into the other field protocol.
Gateway Conversions supported are:
- POWERLINK controlled node to CANopen Master
- POWERLINK controlled node to CANopen slave
- EtherCAT Master to CANopen slave
- EtherCAT slave to CANopen Master
- EtherCAT slave to CANopen slave
- PROFINET IO Device to CANopen Master
- PROFINET IO Device to CANopen slave
- PROFINET IO controller to CANopen slave
- EtherNet/IP Scanner to CANopen slave
- EtherNet/IP Adapter to CANopen Master
- EtherNet/IP Adapter to CANopen slave
- Open MODBUS/TCP to CANopen Master
- Open MODBUS/TCP to CANopen slave
- Sercos Master to CANopen slave
- Sercos slave to CANopen Master
- Sercos slave toCANopen slave