netTAP 100 is the protocol converter for sophisticated conversions and supports 2-port Real-Time Ethernet to serial, Fieldbus to Fieldbus, Real-Time Ethernet to Fieldbus and Real-Time Ethernet to Ethernet conversions. It supports slave and master functionality in any combination. Master functionality is unrestricted when licensed.
A memory card slot allows the user to save firmware and configuration data on a removable card. In case of failure all that is necessary to bring the plant back on line within seconds is to move the memory card from the old netTAP 100 onto a spare unit.
Apart from standard protocols, netTAP 100 supports the creation of serial protocols with the Lua-based scripting language netSCRIPT. A full featured development environment is included within the delivery. It allows the comfortable and rapid programming of any proprietary serial protocol as well as the I/O data pre-processing during the conversion into the other field protocol.
Gateway Conversions supported are:
- POWERLINK controlled node to Open MODBUS/TCP
- POWERLINK controlled node to EtherNet/IP Adapter
- EtherCAT Master to Open MODBUS/TCP
- EtherCAT slave to Open MODBUS/TCP
- PROFINET IO Device to Open MODBUS/TCP
- PROFINET IO controller to Open MODBUS/TCP
- EtherNet/IP Scanner to Open MODBUS/TCP
- EtherNet/IP Adapter toOpen MODBUS/TCP
- Open MODBUS/TCP to Open MODBUS/TCP
- Open MODBUS/TCP to EtherNet/IP Adapter
- Sercos slave toEtherNet/IP Adapter